Sunday, December 2, 2012

Producing Blog Content - Being Result Oriented As Opposed to Being Activity Oriented


I just had an AHA moment this morning. If you read some of my articles or have watched my videos, you know that I write every moment that I get. I write and write and write and then I record videos on everything that I write. I realized that I can crank out an article in 10 minutes and can do 3 or 4 videos in about 20 minutes. It is empowering to produce more than I have every produced before.

However, I realize that I can be so much more powerful if I can step away and learn new ways to communicate so that the work that I am producing can impact those who read that work.

There are things that I want to learn and things that I need to mater beyond just producing content. Below are a couple of things that I am in the process of starting to master starting now -

1. Focus on the end result as opposed to the input (Result Oriented) - My intention is to generate two new customers every single day. The action I am taking is to crank out as much content as I can, thinking that if I throw enough stuff (quality stuff) against the wall, then something will stick. I can put together up to 12 articles per day if I really stretch, can do 10 fairly regularly and can do 8 with ease. Well, if I just strive for 10 articles per day, then I can get that done as quickly as possible and then shift my attention to training myself to make my articles better. Wow, even in this paragraph, I digressed to the input as opposed to the output. The bottom line is that my intention is going to be focused on generating 2 sales per day every day starting today. I will ask questions like - What needs to be included in this article that will generate 2 sales a day from this article alone? What else do I need to do? Who are the customers who are going to read this article? What are their problems and challenges? Why are they going to buy? If I am able to write from that place, I will be light years closer to generating two sales a day. You See? (Or if you are like me - You feel?)

2. Get a clear vision of what people who are generating the sales are doing - What are people doing that I am not doing. I can tell right now that they have reviewed training that I have not quite finished. I train myself towards the end of the day, as I am falling off to sleep. I am estimating that I have about 40 hours worth of training to do and at the pace I am going right now, I will finish that training in three weeks. That is way too long. I need to allocate some of my writing time to training time, so I can get through the training more quickly and be quicker at implementing what is in the training.

3. Deal with the things that I am putting off - There is one work project that deserves a little more attention and a personal project that deserves more attention. I shall devour those projects starting today and get them to a place where I feel great about where we are with those projects. As a result, I will be in a much better position to deliver what I need to deliver. Being result oriented is as simple as that.

The bottom line in being result oriented is that there is always a higher level of focus and I higher level of mastery. I am so much better than I was even thirty days ago but I have learned that the more I learn and the more I do the bigger the gap of where I want to be. Those are the facts of life and the law we must follow.

Blogging Tips That Will Dramatically Improve Your Blog!   Posting Ideas To Get Traffic To Your Blog   Is Your Blogging Useful To Others?   How to Keep Your Audience Interested in What You're Saying   3 Proven SEO Tips for Bloggers   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。